Summary: In the winter, no matter where on earth you live, your body requires more warmth. Yet, we still want the raw goodness to nourish us. It’s a balance in our bodies- too many raw veggies in this cold is not good for your health without some warming action to tip the scales a bit. This smoothie provides just that.
Kid tested. Mom approved.
- 2-3 stalks of kale
- 1 apple
- 1 ripe banana
- handful of frozen cranberries
- 1/4 inch ginger root (1/2 inch for extra spicy)
- 2-3 cups of room temperature water
- 1 T hemp seeds (substitute rice, hemp, whey powder or soaked almonds)
- 1 T flax oil
- *1 t raw honey (substitute stevia or agave)
- It is not necessary to peel the ginger, however dice finely based on the type of blender you have
- The water should be room temp
- Blend well and serve with love
- Note: this smoothie isn’t supposed to be served super cold in the winter.
This is great for digestion and building a strong immune system. Great for inflammation anywhere in the body. Ginger provides Vitamins, B6, E, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium, and Potassium. Also a good source of Manganese. It also has great dietary fiber.
Experiment with the Ginger. Start with a little and as you get used to it add in more. A little goes a long way. You can sub in spinach or collards with the kale.