Summary: I made this on a whim with stuff left around the kitchen, it was phenomenal. Everyone raved!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pastured butter
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 red belly pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, diced (I used about 3/4 of it)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped finely
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Bragg’s seasoning, to taste (I was quite generous with this)
- *optional: you could add cooked sausage or chicken to this
- 1/ Place oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. My cast iron skillet was perfect for this. Melt butter and mix in sweet potatoes, squash, mushrooms, pepper, shallot, garlic, broccoli and cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 25 minutes and stir regularly so veggies don’t stick.
- Stir in Bragg’s seasoning while cooking.
- Cook until squash and sweet potatoes are tender (not mushy)
- Serve by itself or with a meat. Yum!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4