Renee’s top 8 Healthy Eating Strategies
- I drink water as soon as I wake up and continue all day. If I have a craving, I always drink water first and see if it passes.
- I plan my meals for the week every Sunday. I also try to choose different foods that will surprise my family and I shop for these meals.
- I use seasonal foods and buy from my local farmers and markets whenever possible.
- I don’t forget to eat. I eat bigger protein type breakfasts and good sized lunches.
- When I dine out, I order smart choices and usually bring half home for leftovers to eat the next day.
- I am empowered by my choices. I focus on putting in a lot of great veggies and power foods so if I feel like a frozen yogurt with my son, I have it guilt free.
- I cook to have left overs. I’ve learned from the awesome mothers before me how to use leftovers wisely. I don’t understand those who throw it all away.
- I always travel via car, plane or train with water and healthy snacks. Always.