I’ve been getting asked a lot about how the 10-day silent Vipassana meditation retreat was that I completed about a month ago. So I created a spoken word catch-you-up video on the past 35 or so days, including what happened when I stopped speaking for 10 days and sat in meditation for 100 hours!
This video has a lot of teaching nuggets and a personal review of my experience of 10 days sitting in Vipassana meditation. It’s a bit different than a typical video with one topic, let me know your thoughts or questions in the comments below.
Below the video you’ll find the bullets of what I discuss throughout the video. Enjoy and I hope you find value.
- What is Vipassana?
- Why 10 days of silence?
- Why I got fed up with the personal growth industry?
- The need to get more quiet and be more introspective.
- Humans have craving – it’s primal.
- Looking for connection?
- Carrying trauma.
- Repeating patterns.
- Go inward and observe your body without judgement
- We want to look outward because it’s easier.
- Looking inward, makes us see shame, fear, craving.
- Incredibly challenging. Day 4 was tough!
- Losing your mind – it can be a good thing.
- Observations of craving, aversion and ignorance.
- Judging others.
- Forgetting how to breathe.
- Trusting yourself.
- Commitment – a deep level of commitment.
- Meditation practice and moving forward.
To learn more about Vipassana, please visit: http://www.dhamma.org/
I want people to be healthy and to have access to healthy food, resources and the best of the best without making it complicated and difficult.
I want you to know your value.
PS. I have a couple of private coaching spots available right now. Our My Nutrition 360 Group has started, it’s inspiring to welcome this community. If you want more information or to check our private coaching or our next group, click here to fill out your application. This is so you can have your own Nutrition 360!