- 6-8 ounces of water (filtered) (use less or more for consistency) Add ice for texture if desired.
- VEGGIE: ½ -1½ cup fresh greens (kale, spinach, collards are recommended). You can use more greens as you become used to them and add in left over salad mixes.
- FRUIT: 1 cup fresh (or frozen) berries or apple or pear Ice (if you don’t use frozen fruit)
- FATS: 1 tbsp of organic flax oil (or coconut butter) or 1 tbsp of ground flax seed, chia seed or hemp seed
- PROTIEN: 1 scoop of rice protein powder (substitute hemp or whey protein powders)
- or 1 handful of almonds, cashews (or 1 tbsp of nut/seed butter) or Spirulina supplement (for vegetarian option use spirulina + soaked nuts)
NOTE (Always soak almonds/cashews in water for several hours and remove skin (if applicable) prior to using in smoothies)
ADD INS: Specific nutritional supplements based on your needs (Vitamin D drops, B- 12, probiotic, etc)
NOTE: Without a high-speed blender, greens do not break down easily. Options: you could put the greens in a food processor prior to blending or soak greens overnight in water and then blend. You can also quickly and lightly steam your greens and they will break down better.