Before I share how I make my tasty ginger-lemon tea recipe in the video below, be sure you check out the benefits of drinking it at the end of this post. When you know how something could benefit your body it, I believe it makes the healing powers that much more powerful.
Recipe: Ginger Lemon Tea
1 inch of ginger (no need to peel)
2 lemons, juiced
optional: 1 tsp of raw local honey to taste
1. Place ginger in a small pot on the stove, fill with about 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
2. Squeeze lemon into a large pitcher or jar.
3. Pour boiled ginger water over lemon
you enjoy. Note,:put a metal spoon into a class jar before pouring in hot water to avoid the glass breaking.
4. Add honey to taste.
Optional: Pour through a fine mesh strainer to avoid pieces of lemon or garlic in your glass. I keep small pieces of the lemon and ginger in the tea the entire time as it makes for a stronger and spicier tea. Pour through a strainer to remove if you like a weaker tea.
Benefits of lemon and ginger:
- reduces inflammation
- weight loss
- cleansing out packaged and processed food – it’s nature’s disinfectant
- ginger is an aphrodisiac
- helps gas and gut health
- great for skin
- love yourself while you feed yourself
Enjoy your tea,
Click here to register for The 18 Day Love Yourself Naked Challenge Cleanse