Almost all cereal is sugar with no nutrients – it’s pointless and has no nutritional value. I know, strong statement and also very true.
So I make my own.
I rarely measure recipes, so just assume a handful for the nuts and seeds.
- chia seeds (soaked for 2+ hours)
- raw cashews
- raw almonds
- raw macadamia nuts
- raw pumpkin seeds
- raw brazil nuts
- sea salt (pinch)
- can of coconut milk (3 tablespoons of thick chunky coconut)
- fresh organic berries
- lemon (teaspoon)
- probiotic powder (optional)
- dates (2 pitted dates chopped)
- Unsweetened hemp, coconut or almond milk
- Note: it’s best to soak chia seeds and nuts in water so they are softer and more digestible. Soak overnight or at a minimum an hour or so.
I take all soaked nuts/seeds and put them into my food processor and pulse until chopped (I do not add chia seeds yet)
I take the nut mixture and add to a medium bowl with chia seeds, sea salt, chunky coconut milk, lemon, dates, probiotic powder and mix together.
Add a nut milk to create desired consistency.
Add blueberries or strawberries as toppings.
You could also add maple syrup or honey, but I try to sweeten with dates and fruit, personally.
Get creative! Add cinnamon, coconut flakes, cacao powder or nibs
Manny, 6 years, said, “best cereal I have ever had!”
Remember your food is fuel (not therapy)
Be healthy today!
PS. For access to more healthy recipes and a lifestyle cleansing reboot, check out the 18 Day Love Yourself Naked Challenge Cleanse here.