If you have a tendency to go for cold, sugary cereals, bagels, pastry’s or plain coffee and a energy bar for breakfast, then please open your ears and eyes.
This doesn’t do much for energy or fat burning! You might feel good for an hour, but it won’t last.
You might be surprised that a simple green smoothie by itself will NOT do the trick either…
(I drink my smoothie along with a warm breakfast)
Our bodies crave and need a high protein, warm breakfast and spices that kickstart our digestive agni (fire) in the morning.
Your digestion really needs supporting in the morning and cold stuff just won’t do the trick.
Here is a gluten free, dairy free, high protein pancake. You can make them the night before and warm them in the morning. Serve with warm streamed or sautéed veggies on the side.
For those of you who love to eat the same thing every day, please don’t! Eat these pancakes 1-2 times per week at most. Your sweet little body doesn’t want the same food every single day, it wants variety and to be shocked open with new flavors and nutrients…!
These are delicious! Enjoy 🙂
Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (gluten + dairy free)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- I tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (buy unsweetened or make fresh)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of Organic Pure Maple Syrup (I prefer Grade B)
- 1 large Apple, peeled and sliced small.
- Mix: eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, grapeseed oil, chia seeds, almond milk in a medium bowl. Mix vigorously.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together: almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, arrowroot powder and sea salt. Mix vigorously.
- Heat your skillet or griddle.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well, until smooth.
- Peel and chop the apples and then mix into your batter.
- Use approximately 1 large tablespoon of batter for each pancake. Flip over when they bubble up.
- Garnish with extra cinnamon.
- If pancakes stick, you may lightly grease the pan with extra grapeseed oil.
*these won’t spike your blood sugar. Serve with sausage, beans and veggies or even eggs for extra protein. *no need for maple syrup, you already have it in the pancake – no mess! *you may add steamed apples with cinnamon to the top for something extra.
Number of servings (yield): 12