This is a favorite tasty, healthy and protein filled breakfast treat!
If you’ve tried the Almond Milk, here is what to create with your leftovers.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond or rice milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fruit to stir into the wet ingredients (optional)
- 1/2 cup fruit to garnish
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, then pour into dry
- ingredients; combine.
- Cook on lightly oiled skillet until golden brown.
- Use a festive cookie cutter to create holiday themed pancakes
- Serve warm with berries, apple or pear.
- Add a drizzle of honey, agave or pure maple syrup to taste
Variation: After making fresh almond milk, use the left over almond pieces that you strained through the nut milk bag or cheese cloth and add to this recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4