Recipe: Zigorriesalat (lion’s teeth salad) Dandelion Greens
Summary: Cleanse your system and enjoy one of the highest nutrient and mineral dense leafy greens. This salad was brought to America by settlers and dandelions have been used for medicine for over 1000 years.
- 4 cups dandelion greens
- 6 hardboiled eggs, chilled, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup prepared creamy dill or creamy italian-style salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- After picking your dandelion greens, sort the leaves (see caution above), throwing out the harder outer leaves. Separate the tender, inner leaves, tearing them into bite-sized pieces. Wash well in cold water at least 3 times to get rid of sand or grit. Drain well.
- Place eggs in a bowl. Add prepared salad dressing. Stir to mix.
- Place greens in a big salad bowl. Add dressing and egg mixture. Toss together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Number of servings (yield): 4