Recipe: Raw Kale Salad With Toasted Walnuts And Cranberries
Summary: Kale is addicting for those of you who are new to this veggie. It’s a great addiction to have because we require lots of daily greens to nourish our bodies and create health. I love this salad because it’s got just enough salt, sweet and bitter all wrapped up in one and a little crunch which completes it perfectly. Works as a wonderful side dish or as the main course. It’s super easy and quick; you can’t go wrong.
- 1 large bunch of kale, remove the stems and slice to bite sized pieces.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 cup high quality olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/8 t. celtic sea salt
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup cranberries (dried, unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 T finely shredded basil
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and salt.
- Gently massage the kale to soften for about one minute.
- Let sit while you toast the walnuts in a pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Allow the salad to soften for 15 minutes before serving.
- I hold off on adding the walnuts until serving for extra crunch.
Number of servings (yield): 4